T is still documented in the ISPF help:

A text string is used to find a character string regardless of whether
alphabetic characters are upper or lower case.

    Example -   ===> find t'this'          find the text "this"

A text string is a quoted string that is preceded or followed by the
letter "T".

All alphabetic characters within a text string are treated as if they
were upper case and all alphabetic characters in the data that is being
searched are treated as if they were upper case.

In the example above, the word "this" could be entered in either upper
or lower case, and the FIND command would locate an upper case "THIS", a
lower case "this", or "This" at the beginning of a sentence (where only
the first character is in upper case).

--

Donald Grinsell
State of Montana

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical
minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous press which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."