As a reminder: AMODE 64 routines in general should not rely on the
time-of-entry register 15 for addressability. LINK(X) / ATTACH(X) targets
are cases for which it is "cannot" rather than "should not". The supplied
code did use reg 15 for addressability:
STIMERX  DS    0H
         USING *,R15

AMODE 64 routines should be using relative branch and generally should
establish addressability to a static data area (such as where LTORG might
be), often done by a LARL instruction.

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design

Is there a document that documents the above? I want to see if there is
anything else I didn't know about AMODE 64 coding.