>Hi,I am looking for COBOL compiler option to compile our COBOL programs in =
>64 Bit mode.Please lead me if you have such a experience .The COBOL version=
> is 4.2 on Z9 with z/OS 1.12. Best regardsManshadi

AMODE 64 COBOL is still being worked on here at IBM.

I (like the other poster) would like to know what you would do with AMODE 64
COBOL?
Also, does everyone realize that AMODE 64 code will run slower than AMODE 31
code?
We assume that AMODE 64 COBOL will be used for very specialized one-off cases
to solve specific business problems, and that in general 99% of code will be
compiled for AMODE 31 even after we ship AMODE 64 COBOL.

  Unlike AMODE 31, which we expected EVERYONE to move to (still waiting :-) we
do not think very many users will need AMODE 64 in the next 10-15 years.
We are gathering use cases and verifiable needs for AMODE 64 COBOL, so if
you know of any, please SHARE!  (get it? :-)

Cheers,
TomR              >> COBOL is the Language of the Future! <<