On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 6:32 AM, Peter Relson <rel...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> >Even a non-authorized program which is linked RENT
> >can write into its STATIC CSECT.
>
> But only if the program is not fetched from an APF-authorized
> concatenation (and maybe that's a requirement for PL/I programs with this
> characteristic).
>
> In that case, the program can write into the program itself too.
>
> For the static csect, does PL/I do something to keep track of CSECT
> mappings and obtain storage for the static csect in user-key storage?
> That's the only way that writing into that csect could "overcome" APF
> authorization rules.
>
> Peter Relson
> z/OS Core Technology Design

​As an aside, I really wish that _all_ programs marked RENT,REFR would be
loaded into key 0, write protected, storage independent of APF
considerations. I'm sure that there is _some_ reason why it is done as it
is currently done, perhaps for "hysterical" <grin/> reasons. If I am really
worried about such, I try to use the PGSER PROTECT function to do this. But
that is really only easy in HLASM.

--
​
While a transcendent vocabulary is laudable, one must be eternally careful

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

Maranatha! <><
John McKown