On Wed, 4 Feb 2015 17:11:12 -0500, Mark Jacobs - Listserv  wrote:

>You should really, really use public key authentication instead of
>user/passwords.

I suggested that initially.  But now I think of one utility my
employer supplies which requires user/password.  The admins
are shirking the chore of adding each entitled public key to
the utility's .ssh directory.

Process.  If a user becomes disentitled, established process
removes him from LDAP, and user/password is disabled.

Of course that process should also lock the user's HOME directory,
likewise disabling ssh/sftp.

And, FWIW, ssh/sftp transfer the password *after* securing the
connection.

On 2015-02-04 15:08, Grinsell, Don wrote:
> This is what I use:
> //*
> //STDENV   DD DSN=USERID.TSOLIB.PDS(ASKPASS),DISP=SHR
> USERID.TSOLIB.PDS(ASKPASS) contains:
> SSH_ASKPASS=/u/systech/userid/.ssh/askpassrds.sh

Kinda circuitous.  Why not simply code that value in an instream STDPARM?

(But you might instead want the flexibility of:
    //STDENV   DD DSN=&SYSUID.TSOLIB.PDS(ASKPASS),DISP=SHR
)

-- gil