From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Lizette Koehler
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 7:22 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: XREF Members of JCL libs and their datasets

I am looking to see if there are any easy ways to do the following

I have a huge JCL PDS.  I need to list out all members and the datasets they
use (create/Del/open according to DISP= in JCL) I then need an xref by dsn and
the jobs (member name = Job name in most cases) that use them

Report 1

Member1   DSN1            Create
Member2   DSN1            Open
          DSN2            Open, Migrate (has a another step that issues the HSM
Migrate command )
          DSN3            Delete
          DSN4(mem)       Open   -  Indicates control card input

Report 2
DSN1        Member1   Member2
DSN2        Member2
DSN3        Member2
DSN4(mem)   Member2

Control card Input that affects the DSNx is okay to list - no need to know what
is in the Control member at this time.

This information is not in a Scheduler package.  So this is just grunt type
work.

I have a couple of options with REXX and SAS.  But thought if anyone had any
ideas, I would like to see if there is another way to do this.

I will eventually run SMF data and compare it to these reports to see what is
actually running or in use.

I can unload the JCL PDS into an IEBUPDTE file and go from there or use REXX
with LM functions to read members one at a time.

Thoughts or suggestions always welcomed.

Lizette