We FTP a zip file from a vendor as binary to a z/OS Unix file. We then expand
the zip file using the JAR command:

jar xf input.zip

Since the members were zipped as ASCII, the unzipped members in the z/OS Unix
file are also ASCII. Reviewing the unzipped members shows that each record ends
with a CR/LF (0x0D and 0x0A).

The OCOPY command was used to copy the z/OS Unix file to a z/OS data set and
perform ASCII to EBCDIC translation.

//SYSUT1   DD PATH='/u/zkdl/input.txt',
//            PATHOPTS=(ORDONLY),PATHMODE=SIRWXU
//SYSUT2   DD DSN=output.dataset,
//            DISP=(NEW,CATLG),SPACE=(TRK,(45,15),RLSE),
//            DCB=(RECFM=FB,LRECL=215)
//*
//SYSTSPRT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSTSIN  DD *
 OCOPY INDD(SYSUT1) OUTDD(SYSUT2) TEXT CONVERT((BPXFX311)) TO1047
/*

This works fine, except each record on the output dataset has a CR (0x0D).
Using ICONV gave the same results.

Besides editing the file and removing the CR, is there a way to prevent the CR
from being written to the z/OS data set during the translation?

Thank you.