On Thu, 19 Mar 2015 09:44:56 -0500, Kevin Landin wrote:

>We FTP a zip file from a vendor as binary to a z/OS Unix file. ...
>Besides editing the file and removing the CR, is there a way to prevent the CR
>from being written to the z/OS data set during the translation?

From the man page of Info-ZIP's "unzip":

       -a     convert text files.  Ordinarily all files are extracted exactly
as  they
              are stored (as ``binary'' files).  The -a option causes files
identified
              by zip as text files (those with the  `t'  label  in  zipinfo
listings,
              rather  than `b') to be automatically extracted as such,
converting line
              endings, end-of-file characters and the character set itself  as
neces-
              sary.

-- gil