Make sure your TMC can handle 99,999 or more tapes. And switch to:

SETSYS PARTIALTAPE(BACKUP(MARKFULL) MIGRATION(MARKFULL))
/*
/*
SETSYS TAPEUTILIZATION(UNIT(3490) PERCENTFULL(100))
/*
SETSYS TAPESPANSIZE(9999)      /* Only span datasets > 500m

As for your specific need, HSEND RECYCLE VOLUME(xxxxxx) EXECUTE and possibly
use FORCE on the second try.