Jake, depending on how you want to set this up, another way of coding it is to
only set the dataclass in your ACS routine if it's not already specified.
Something like this:

IF &DATACLAS EQ '' THEN /* HONORING SPECIFIED STORAGE CLASSES*/
   SELECT
    WHEN (&DSN EQ &WHATEVER)
      DO
        SET &DATACLAS EQ 'DCSOMEDC'
        WRITE 'DATACLASS IS SET TO ('&DATACLAS')'
        EXIT
      END
    WHEN (&DSN EQ &SOMETHING)
      DO
        SET &DATACLAS EQ 'DCOTHER'
        WRITE 'DATACLASS IS SET TO ('&DATACLAS')'
        EXIT
      END
    (repeat as needed)
    OTHERWISE
      SET &DATACLAS EQ ''

   END /*  END SELECT  */

The above will bypass your DATACLASS assignment logic if one is already
assigned, honoring any dataclass your hard code on your allocation. Example:

DEFINE CLUSTER (NAME('YOUR.ZFS.NAME') -
       DATACLASS(DCEXTEND) -
       LINEAR CYL(8000 0) SHAREOPTIONS(3))

HTH,