From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of John Norgauer
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2015 1:24 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: OMVS not starting on my DR LPAR

I have a new z/os 2.1 system and when I IPL'ed it on my DR LPAR, OMVS never
started.

I noticed that my IFAPRD  member in parmlib was  obsolete and this caused TCP
base not to start.

Does TCP base actually start OMVS ASID?

If TCP is not the culprit, what actually starts OMVS.

My Sandbox 2.1 system had no problem with OMVS starting.