In
<sn1pr0101mb1520bae39916b66f20e5190cce...@sn1pr0101mb1520.prod.exchangelabs.com>,
on 05/20/2015
   at 01:14 PM, J O Skip Robinson <jo.skip.robin...@sce.com> said:

>Shmuel, when was the last time you needed to process data LIFO?

The last time that I used REXX stack abilities. If anything, I use
PUSH more often than QUEUE. It cannot be said too often: YOU HAVE TO
CARVE THE BIRD AT THE JOINTS.

>I mean really needed to, not just thought about a hypothetical case
>to tease the List with.

When was the last time that you took someone's comments at face value
instead of assuming that they had nothing to do with practical
experience? I've been using REXX for decades, and my comments on best
practice represent that experience, especially those occassions when I
had to clean up someone else's code.

>When putting subcommands on the stack,

How is that relevant to the "which statementr is better" question, any
more than "which is bettwer, ++ or --?" would be for C? PUSH and QUEUE
do different things; if pounding your nail in with a saw doesn't work
well, that doesn't mean that it's a bad saw, just that you should have
used a hammer FOR THAT SPECIFIC TASK. Yes, the saw example was
hypothetical, but still very similar to what you're doing.

>Coding subcommands in reverse order just to save one letter in each
>REXX command would be absurd.

Are you having a fire sale on straw dummies? That's not even remotely
related to anything that I wrote.

That said, I wish that IBM would port OREXX or OOREXX to CMS and TSO
making it at least the default z REXX if not the only one; the QUEUE
class would make all sorts of things easier.