Sorry, make that 2074, not 9074 - getting my numbers messed up....

Rex

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Pommier, Rex
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2015 10:25 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Question on 3270 Devices

What machine are you planning on plugging this 3x74 into?  IIRC, the 3274s were
strictly bus and tag, and there were some 3174s that were ESCON-capable.  I
have no experience with the 9074 machines, but IBM doesn't support ESCON on
anything more current than the z196/z114, do they?  So you're looking at
something like a PRIZM box to convert Ficon to ESCON (to parallel).

Rex