Hi All,

Something's puzzled me for some time and I wonder if it is a quirk at this
site.

When I go into OMVS and enter a command, I can then press F12 to recall
it.  Repeatedly pressing F12 brings back older commands.  That's great but
when I go out and come back in, pressing F12 does nothing until I've
entered a command.

I notice that there is a file called .sh_history.mysuerid which contains
my command history.

My question, then, is why is my command history kept if I can't use it? Or
is there something set up incorrectly here?

Ken MacKenzie
Pramerica Systems Ireland Limited
is a private company limited by shares
incorporated and registered in the Republic of Ireland with registered
number 319900
and registered office at 6th Floor, South Bank House, Barrow Street,
Dublin 4, Ireland.