("Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW:" trimmed.)

On Tue, 2 Jun 2015 17:48:13 +0200, Peter Hunkeler wrote:

>>>Well, as I wrote, the OMVS command processor
> >
>>There's more to OMVS than just the shell. The phrase "but OMVS has no
>>access" clearly refers to more than the shell.
>
>Not sure what you're referring to, but I was talking about the OMVS *TSO
>command processor*, only. And no, that statement you cited does neither refer
>to a shell nor to anything more than what I wrote: The OMVS TSO Command
>processor has not been programmed to read/write/care for any command history
>file any UNIX shell program might use.

In 3270 TSO OMVS, I can use the escape character (default is "¢") to enter
control
codes.  So, with "set -o vi", I can do "¢[kkkkk<ENTER>" to execute the fifth
previous
command.  Unfortunately, it executes the command immediately, rather than just
fetching it to the input area for modification before execution.  I'm calling
this
a bug; IBM probably thinks it's WAD.  (PF10 (Refresh) doesn't help.)

-- gil