Charles (and others)

Has LE obsconded with SDSF's *RESERVED* use of ISA prefix?

Ed

On May 28, 2015, at 4:58 PM, Charles Mills wrote:

Well that would make sense ...

In my case the program does not ABEND if some function -- also relative branch -- is called first rather than ISAUTH, which makes no sense at all.

I have not tried every possibility, for example

- what if I called some other function rather than ISAUTH at the early point in the C++ logic where I call (or comment out the call to) ISAUTH? - what if I called ISAUTH later in the program, after other functions had been called successfully?

Seems to me if I were writing a "how much heap actually got used" tool I would just initialize the whole heap to X'DEADBEEF' or X'8BADF00D' or something and then at EOJ search from the top for the end of the initial value. But what do I know.

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM- m...@listserv.ua.edu] On Behalf Of Andy Wood
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2015 2:33 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Mysterious U4088-63 from RPTSTG(ON)

On Thu, 28 May 2015 07:56:03 -0700, Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org> wrote:

. . .

I would assume C++ gets the stack at startup, not on the first external
call. Interesting thought.

I have this very vague recollection, that when RPTSTG is ON, things are set up so that the stack is always too small (or gives that appearance), so that routine gets called every time.

However, it has been a very long time since I was near anything like that, things may have changed, and perhaps I had the story wrong in the first place.