@John, you're a hacker, don't let that stop you. Go git 'em! IBM never
documented the IND$FILE protocol either.

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of John McKown
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2015 5:27 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: IND$FILE Resource Log & Monitoring

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 7:20 AM, Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org> wrote:

> I have never used it. Others? Is it a "popular" solution?

​It ain't nun too popular with this-here Linux user (slipping into Texan
speak).​ I wish that IBM would document the protocol so that others could use
it as a generic(?) interface. But that isn't going to happen. You can't make
money if you let people out of your silo. IBM, MS, and Apple are all very aware
of this, and do their best to keep _their_ property (uh,
customers) from "wandering off". Yea, I'm in a bad mood this morning.