As these things go, I have found new uses for my little routine.  It's strong
enough to find the elapsed time for larger numbers than I intended.  So much
so, I thought I'd add a function to show the elapsed time since the beginning
of my started task.  The time is working wonderfully but when I cross the more
than a day boundary I'd like to display the number of days since the start of
the program.

I wound up using the

STCK-STCK          difference in times since the start of the started task
+ 1972/01/01     add in base STCK time to get a STCK value again
STCKCONV           convert that to DATE=YYYYMMDD TIME=DEC
ED                       make it character based

sequence so I have

1972/01/03 23:15:06.238744

What I'd like is

2 days 23:15:06.238744

I can calculate the date difference by hand (in C based off of the character
representation of the date) of course.  Unless someone knows of a nifty method
to get the elapsed number of days from the data that I have?

Janet