At 09:39 -0500 on 06/12/2015, Janet Graff wrote about Re: STCK question:

I can calculate the date difference by hand (in C based off of the character representation of the date) of course. Unless someone knows of a nifty method to get the elapsed number of days from the data that I have?

I will need to check but I have the impression that one of the Time Compression macro calls will accept a text date like 1972/01/03 and return a Julian date (YYYYDDD) as a P value. subtract P"1972001" from it and you will have the number of days - good for up to 366 day span (1972 is a leap year).