The proper term for (at least) a person have both sets of organs is
'hermaphrodite'. Q: So what's the biggest advantage that a 'hermaphrodite' has
over singly endowed folks?

(Imagine scrolling down down for the answer...)

A: Can read a map but isn't afraid to ask directions.

.
J.O.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company
Electric Dragon Team Paddler
SHARE MVS Program Co-Manager
626-302-7535 Office
323-715-0595 Mobile
jo.skip.robin...@sce.com

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Robert A. Rosenberg
Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2015 3:24 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: OT STCK question

At 06:59 -0500 on 06/18/2015, Tom Marchant wrote about Re: OT STCK question:

>On Wed, 17 Jun 2015 20:03:01 -0400, Robert A. Rosenberg wrote:
>
>  >The problem is that there is no gender neutral/un-specified singular.
>
>We have "it", but we don't like to refer to people as "it". In many
>languages every object has a gender and there is a masculine and
>feminine "the" to go with it.
>
>--
>Tom Marchant

I read lots of Science Fiction and unless an invented term is used, "it" is
often used when an alien race has more than 2 sexes. There is also a series
where there are bio-engineered Humans with both Male and Female organs. The
proper gender term for them is "it".

OTOH, I have often seen the term "it" used as a gender neutral/un-specified
singular in referencing a baby or animal/pet as in "The baby sucked on its
pacifier".