On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 9:13 AM, Bill Ashton <bill00ash...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry for the holes in my description...I do issue the BIN command right
> below my login - missed that in my cut/paste. I am on z/OS 2.1, and trying
> to do this in FTP batch mode.
>
> MGET does not allow a from/to filename...it only works with LCD, and will
> use the filename on the MGET command.
>
> I will try the Unix directory, as I can't rename the source files (I have
> read only access).

​I think this is your best bet. Once in z/OS, you can do something like the
following at a UNIX prompt.

for i in *.BIN;do cp -T ${i} "//my.pds(${i%.BIN}";done #copy members to PDS

The ​${i%.BIN} tells the shell to strip the .BIN off of the end of the file
name.

Too bad your PC is not running Linux or some other UNIX variant. You could
do the following:

{echo "??userid??"
echo "??password??"
echo "lcd my.pds"
CD "the file server directory"
for i in *.BIN;do
echo "put ${i} ${i%.BIN}"
done
echo "quit"
​} | ftp -v zos.server ​

​Of course, replace ??userid??, ??password?? and my.pds with the proper
values. Perhaps a Windows guru can fake up a PowerShell equivalent.​

--

Schrodinger's backup: The condition of any backup is unknown until a
restore is attempted.

Yoda of Borg, we are. Futile, resistance is, yes. Assimilated, you will be.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown