From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Paul Gilmartin
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 8:55 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: AW: Q: FTP Exits

On Wed, 19 Aug 2015 10:50:46 -0400, Steve Thompson  wrote:

>And "interesting things" primarily requires writing a module with the
>name (or Alias) of FTP, going a validation of the PARM data and/or the
>contents of the INPUT dd, and then invoking FTP via an IBM provided
>alias, etc.

And what prevents a user's invoking FTP directly via that "IBM provided alias"
in order to bypass validation?  Security by obscurity?

Does the scheme work alike for FTP invoked:
o As a batch job step?
o As a TSO command?
o As a UNIX shell command/

Do browsers and Curl participate in this scheme or do they have internal FTP
interfaces which woulc likewise need to be modified?