It's been kind of a long time--decades, in fact--since anyone we know of has made a channel-attached printer that can be managed by the Print Services Facility (PSF) product. We don't even know of any that can be FICON-attached.

Anyone still have one? If so, I'd like to hear from you (e-mail address is below). I asked this at SHARE, and two people raised their hands. Later, we found one hadn't understood the question and the other was actually using a JES-managed line mode printer.

(Note: This has nothing to do with JES-managed printers or network-attached printers! The question is only about PSF-managed printers that are channel-attached.)

Thanks...

--
John Eells
z/OS Technical Marketing