From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Hardee, Chuck
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2015 8:24 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: IPCS BLS18028I message suppression

Interesting you should suggest that.
I did a batch IPCS run with my REXX and sure enough, in TSO/Batch the BLS18028I
is captured by OUTTRAP and my REXX displays it as expected.

Question now is, why isn't it captured with the REXX is executed interactively?

So, if IPCS is executed in interactive TSO, the BLS18028I messages is issued to
the "print" file that is displayed upon the terminal.
If, however, the same REXX is executed in TSO/Batch, the message is captured by
OUTTRAP and placed in the stem that was passed in the first OUTTRAP call. It
does not appear in the print file nor on the output associated with SYSTSPRT.

Interesting.

Since the primary use of this REXX will be batch as opposed to interactive, I
can live with it I guess.
Just wish it would work the same regardless of environment.

C-

Charles (Chuck) Hardee
Senior Systems Engineer/Database Administration EAS Information Technology

Thermo Fisher Scientific
300 Industry Drive | Pittsburgh, PA 15275 Phone +1 (724) 517-2633 | Mobile +1
(412) 877-2809 | FAX: +1 (412) 490-9230 chuck.har...@thermofisher.com  |
www.thermofisher.com

WORLDWIDE CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: Dissemination, distribution or copying of this
e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient,
or an employee or agent of a system responsible for delivering the message to
the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please inform the sender and delete all copies.