On Wed, 30 Sep 2015 03:37:23 -0500, Shane Ginnane wrote:

>>CentreLink is a 26,000 MIP customer
>>http://www.techworld.com.au/article/303153/centrelink_ups_it_reform_keeps_model_204_legacy_/?pp=2.
>>Phew, that's going to be a big blow for big blue when they move off.
>
>Nope.
>At that time (2009) Centrelink might (might ?) have been. It is now an
>amalgamation of Medibank and sundry others. Bigger and badder by large.

At the link I see the phrase "self-service PCs in offices."  How does that work?
What OS?  My understanding is that Windows is a one-man dog.

My employer is eliminating our SunRay thin clients which had been the core of
our drop-in workstations.  Our Windows PC disks are encrypted only a single
authorized user can start one; this makes a stolen drive useless.  Much (not
all) work product data resides on individual PCs with network drive backup.

Are there PC solutions for drop-in workstations?  Many modern needs aren't
met by generic 3270 emulators.

-- gil