So for this process, the files need to be read in FIFO order of creation.  The
use of the GDG rather than a HLQ.XXX.Dxxxxx.Txxxx naming convention was to make
it easier to process the files.

So GDGs are typically in LIFO order, for this process the first one created
needs to be process first and then read and processed to the current version.

I believe date/time read of a seq file has always been a challenge on the
mainframe as the naming convention does not allow for a more granular read of
many files into input.

So I have the following conditions

File1 created on date and time
File2 created on date and time+15 mins
File3 created on date and time+60 mins

Then I need to read File1 first, process it, delete it
Next file2, process it and delete it
Next File3, process it and delete it

All the time new files are coming in.

If I delete the GDG base I may delete data that is not processed.

The file cannot be mod'd due to the face it is a TSO XMIT'd file.  I need to
RECEIVE the GDG (oldest version) process it and then delete what I have just
processed.

I have heard the GDG limit in z/OS V2.2 will be higher, so it may not be much of
an issue for limit values.

Lizette

Input and