I’ve had a need from an application for processing files in a GDG in FIFO
order.  Way back when an application came to me with the requirement.   He was
receiving “N” number of File Transfers over night and needed to process them
the next day in FIFO order.

 I took some existing code I found on the CBT Tape and customized for my
customer's needs.   It has the ability to specify if you want 1-N of them or
ALL.   Additionally I create a file which can be used to DELETE the GDG(s)
processed.  I made it so it is completely explained, documented within the code
and easy to read.  It is in Assembler which should not scare you.

In general whenever I was given a requirement I always believed someone else
already encountered it, solved the problem and all I needed to do was to find
the solution.  The first place I would always look on the CBT Tape at
WWW.CBTTAPE.ORG maintained by Sam Golob. He does a great job ensuring things
are documented and easy to find.   There is literally hundreds of thousands of
lines of code in the hundreds of files.  There is an index of them all which is
easy to read.

If anyone wants the code, send me an e-mail at my address.

Jim Marshall, USAF-Ret, US Govt-OPM-Ret
marshall-ja...@comcast.net