Charles Mills wrote:

>The C/C++ compiler lets you set options globally with PARM= or DD:OPTFILE (or
>equivalently on a UNIX command line for those who like that sort of thing).
>You can also specify most options *first thing* in a source module with
>#pragma OPTIONS.

>The former overrides the latter. It seems to me that is backwards.

Disclaimer! I worked with C, not C++.

What you said is a discovery at least to me. I also find it ghastly backward.
At least in other languages, you can setup your compile parameters globally
somewhere and then override them inside your source one by one.

Question - with what C / C++ compiler did you experience that weirdo setup? On
what z/Os version?

>I would like to specify PARM=FOO globally and specify #pragma OPTIONS ( NOFOO
>) in the one module. Doesn't that sound
reasonable?

It is reasonable. You give some global compile options and use exceptions on
some of your source listings. That I learned the hard cruel way when I tried
out Turbo C. (and Turbo Pascal)

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht