We've had a delay which seems to be caused by a problem with catalog
processing. Automation regularly issues some MODIFY CATALOG and D GRS commands.

Below is an extract from the response to F CATALOG,LIST (IEC347I)
 IEC347I LIST CATALOG TASK(S)
CAS****************************************************************FLAGS -
TASK ADDRESS - JOBNAME  / STEPNAME - ELAPSED TIME - ID  *-W-E--     0079C130
 P0ANYJOB / DB2RUN       00.01.44     01  *   WAITING FOR BCS ENQ Shr Sys
 FROM 23136534 FOR 00.01.44  *... long list of wainting task follows here....
I tried to find out what the last line above, specifically the 8 digit number
behind "FROM" are telling me? All of the waiters show the identical 8 digit
number. Could not find it, neither in "Managing Catalogs", nor in "System
Messages -> IEC347I" nor did GIYF help.
Is this useful information at all when trying to find the causer of the delay?
GRS tells the catalog that probably is causing the delay: S=SYSTEMS SYSIGGV2
SYS1.CATALOG.PLEX.P0.UCAT10SYSNAME        JOBNAME         ASID     TCBADDR
EXC/SHR    STATUSSYSA      CATALOG            0033       009AC258   SHARE
OWNSYSC      CATALOG            0033       00989BC8 EXCLUSIVE    WAIT.... long
list of waiters follows here...

--
Peter Hunkeler

--