Thanks, Lizette for all the information. Will carefully study.

I saw the text talking about some latch information in System Messages. I can't
tell why but I was inclinded to believe the text in my case would be something
else. Wrong five minutes, I guess.

I didn't mention, but there is also a D GRS,C issued together with the other
commands. It showed "no latch contention exists", and no other contentention
that might have been related to the catalog problem.

The owner of the contention in the SYSIGGV2 catalog resource is CATALOG (and
not additional jobname). It was clear from the MODIFY CATALOG,LIST that catalog
is having contention. It is not yet clear whart caused it. Still
investigating....

--
Peter Hunkeler