Jousma, David wrote:

>Here is what I devised, and has worked pretty well.  We use netview/SA390 for
>our automation.  The following rules get tripped at 80% or 85% utilization.

Good solution, but Skip still wants the job number. Can your Netview solution
also handle jobnumber?

CMD=(,,'MVS $D JOBQ,SPOOL=(%>01)')

Hmmm. It differs from Skip's command $DSPL,JOBS=nn, but job numbers are also
shown on the SYSLOG together with the other details. It should help Skip very
much.

I prefer this one $D JOBQ,SPOOL=(TGS>nnnn) because some of our jobs with say
TGS = large are only occupying TGS% < 1. (I know you can do this $D
JOBQ,SPOOL=(%>0.5) for % smaller than 1.)

Just a little sample on my SDSF showing my spool eaters:

TGNum  TGPct
 4925   0.43
 6673   0.58
 7294   0.63

>   CMD=(PASS1,,'MVS $CJ(E*,T*),SPOOL=(%>10),PURGE')   << in our shop E* and T*
> are non-prod jobs, and this usually kills the culprit

Excellent! I will tell my z/OS team about this killer! ;-D

Granted, also no job numbers, but they want a solution based on job name.

Thanks!

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht