From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Elardus Engelbrecht
Sent: Friday, December 18, 2015 7:50 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Delete part of spool for active job

Jousma, David wrote:

>Here is what I devised, and has worked pretty well.  We use netview/SA390 for
>our automation.  The following rules get tripped at 80% or 85% utilization.

Good solution, but Skip still wants the job number. Can your Netview solution
also handle jobnumber?

CMD=(,,'MVS $D JOBQ,SPOOL=(%>01)')

Hmmm. It differs from Skip's command $DSPL,JOBS=nn, but job numbers are also
shown on the SYSLOG together with the other details. It should help Skip very
much.

I prefer this one $D JOBQ,SPOOL=(TGS>nnnn) because some of our jobs with say
TGS = large are only occupying TGS% < 1. (I know you can do this $D
JOBQ,SPOOL=(%>0.5) for % smaller than 1.)

Just a little sample on my SDSF showing my spool eaters:

TGNum  TGPct
 4925   0.43
 6673   0.58
 7294   0.63

>   CMD=(PASS1,,'MVS $CJ(E*,T*),SPOOL=(%>10),PURGE')   << in our shop E* and T*
> are non-prod jobs, and this usually kills the culprit

Excellent! I will tell my z/OS team about this killer! ;-D

Granted, also no job numbers, but they want a solution based on job name.

Thanks!

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be
privileged.   It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you
receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any
manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please
reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was
misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your
assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.