Perhaps what might be useful would be an assembler program to run loops of individual instructions and output some timing information.

/Tom

On 12/23/2015 11:20, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) wrote:
In <8970116796168447.wa.jcallennarsil....@listserv.ua.edu>, on
12/23/2015
    at 09:46 AM, Jerry Callen <jcal...@narsil.org> said:

I'm in the process of hand-tuning a small, performance critical
algorithm on a Z13,
Lather, rinse, repeat every time you change processors.

and I'm hampered by the lack of detailed
information on the instruction-level performance of the machine.
Be careful what you ask for; you might get it.

Back in the day, IBM used to publish a "Functional Characteristics"
manual for each CPU model that provided this information;
Except when it was in a separate timing manual.

Every time that IBM introduced a new processor the timing formulæ
became more  complicated. I suspect that a timing manual for the z13
would be massive.