From:   "R.S." <r.skoru...@bremultibank.com.pl>
To:     IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Date:   08/01/2016 07:33
Subject:        Re: Change CPC name in HMC
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>

I think, grouping doesn't help me.
Why I'm considering CPC name change: there are two machines managed by
the HMC, the serial numbers and it's names are the same with one
character exception. This is error prone. More: LPARs view shows all the
LPARs from both machines. LPAR names are different for each machines,
but also there is only one character of difference.
So, imagine "P0012345:LPN00T vs P0012435:LPM00T". Both describe tech
LPAR, but on different machines. Easy to mismatch when drag'n'dropping
some icon.
So, I would like to have "FRANKIE:LPN00T vs MARY:LPM00T". Not to mention
It's easier to say "FRANKIE" than "P0012435" by the phone.

I'm going to do some tests now.
Thank you all, who responded.

Regards
--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

W dniu 2016-01-07 o 23:44, Skip Robinson pisze:
> I for one had a different interpretation of 'rename'. You just want an
icon
> on the HMC to have your own 'nickname'? True CEC name still P+serial#?
What

--
Tre tej wiadomoci moe zawiera informacje prawnie chronione Banku
przeznaczone wycznie do uytku subowego adresata. Odbiorc moe by

This e-mail may contain legally privileged information of the Bank and is
intended solely for business use of the addressee. This e-mail may only be
received by the addressee and may not be disclosed to any third parties.
If you are not the intended addressee of this e-mail or the employee
authorized to forward it to the addressee, be advised that any
dissemination, copying, distribution or any other similar activity is
legally prohibited and may be punishable. If you received this e-mail by
mistake please advise the sender immediately by using the reply facility
in your e-mail software and delete permanently this e-mail including any
copies of it either printed or saved to hard drive.

mBank S.A. z siedzib w Warszawie, ul. Senatorska 18, 00-950 Warszawa,
www.mBank.pl, e-mail: kont...@mbank.pl
Sd Rejonowy dla m. st. Warszawy XII Wydzia Gospodarczy Krajowego
Rejestru Sdowego, nr rejestru przedsibiorców KRS 0000025237, NIP:
526-021-50-88. Wedug stanu na dzie 01.01.2016 r. kapita zakadowy
mBanku S.A. (w caoci wpacony) wynosi 168.955.696 zotych.

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.