Good Day To All,

I need to confirm if I my understanding about SMS & SPACE management is correct.
We have noticed that there are several dsns which have been on dasd for over 10
months.  The volumes and dsns are all SMS managed and DFHSM performs the
necessary migration and deletion.  I checked the MANAGEMENT class and the dsns
are to be deleted after 1 day non-usage

Expire after Days Non-usage  . : 1
Expire after Date/Days . . . .      : 1
Retention Limit  . . . . . . .           : 0

Below are the attributes of the Storage Group:

Allocation/migration Threshold :            High    85   (1-100)  Low . . 1
(0-99)
Alloc/Migr Threshold Track-Managed:  High    85   (1-100)    Low . . 1   (0-99)
Guaranteed Backup Frequency  . . . . . .                  (1 to 9999 or
NOLIMIT)
BreakPointValue  . . . . . . . . . . . .                             (0-65520
or blank)
Processing Priority  . . . . . . . . . . 50       (1-100)

I think that the dsns are not deleted because SMS did not select some of these
volumes have not met the criteria of the Low threshold of 1.  I remember
reading somewhere (on this board the following):

For primary space management, HSM only looks at the low threshold. If the
volume exceeds the low threshold, then we will process any data sets that are
eligible for migration on that volume.

Could someone confirm if I am correct?

Thanks.