I did that zap a few times until I found the BYPASSNQ program from Gilbert Saint-Flour. I believe he used the old method of SVC screening to replace the ENQ SVC with a BR14 just for the running task, then he called the program specified on the parm. A genius method, but of course this was before the RACF option was available.

//BYPASSNQ EXEC PGM=BYPASSNQ,PARM=IEHPROGM
//STEPLIB DD DSN=SOME.APFAUTH.LOAD.LIBRARY,DISP=SHR
//VOL      DD   UNIT=DISK,VOL=SER=R16RES,DISP=OLD
//SYSPRINT DD   SYSOUT=*
//SYSIN    DD   *
 RENAME DSNAME=SYS1.SCSQANLE,VOL=3390=R16RES,NEWNAME=SYS2.SCSQANLE

Ed Gould wrote:
Try disabling the VVDS on the volume
amaspzap the dataset to change the name.
delete the dataset with iehprogm
enable the vvds on the volume

Ed