From:   Bill Ashton <bill00ash...@gmail.com>
To:     IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Date:   02/02/2016 11:58 AM
Subject:        Convert a Parm into a control card
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>

Hello friends!
I have a teammate working on a z/OS 1.12 system and is trying to make a
proc fairly foolproof for his user. He wants to know the easiest way to
convert a SET statement or JCL Parm into a control card.

This proc needs a DSN and a couple other values as part of a SYSIN for the
program, and since we can't use symbolics in pre-z/OS 2.1, I would like a
way using standard IBM utilities to take a PARM symbolic and create an
output file that I can use as input to the program. The parm input would
only be one line, and not longer than 50 chars.

Does anyone have any good ideas? Sort? Gener?

Thank you and best regards,
*Billy Ashton*