From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of John McKown
Sent: Friday, February 05, 2016 11:54 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: IBM Destination z - What the Heck Is JCL and Why Does It Look So
Funny? [ EXTERNAL ]

On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 12:47 PM, Mike Schwab <mike.a.sch...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> CP/M 86 was available but IBM couldn't get a license.  They hired
> Microsoft to write DOS and they bought QDOS to get started.

​Yeah. Worst mistake Gary Kindall ever made. Just think, if he'd hadn't "blown
off" IBM, I'd be cursing his memory (he's deceased) instead of Bill Gates. Or
maybe not, I ran CP/M-80 back in the day. I really enjoyed it.
But, then, I enjoyed everything more back then. <sigh> everything was bright,
shiny, and new <sigh/>​

--
Werner Heisenberg is driving down the autobahn. A police officer pulls him
over. The officer says, "Excuse me, sir, do you know how fast you were going?"

Computer Science is the only discipline in which we view adding a new wing to a
building as being maintenance -- Jim Horning

Schrodinger's backup: The condition of any backup is unknown until a restore is
attempted.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary,
privileged and/or confidential and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to
whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by any person
other than the intended recipient or the intended recipient's designees is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or their designee,
please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies.
OppenheimerFunds may, at its sole discretion, monitor, review, retain and/or
disclose the content of all email communications.