I see. In the case of CSVFETCH there is a 1024-byte work-area passed, so no
getmain should be needed, in this case, STM should be the best option?

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Blaicher, Christopher Y.
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 1:50 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: CSVFETCH exit

BAKR/PR does take a lot more time then STM/LM, but most times you can't just
use STM/LM, you also have a GETMAIN/FREEMAIN for a register save area and other
setup/restore things to do.

So, once you factor in those other overheads, which is faster?  I don't know as
I haven't set up the tests to validly compare the different methods possible.
I have seen several different ways to avoid the GETMAIN/FREEMAIN overheads.

Chris Blaicher
Technical Architect
Software Development
Syncsort Incorporated
50 Tice Boulevard, Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07677
P: 201-930-8234  |  M: 512-627-3803
E: cblaic...@syncsort.com