Hello Peter,.> I this what you've been asking for? .well, let's say your reply
helps me to understand better which processor (either the CP or the SAP, in
this case)is involved when a dataset is transmitted from z/OS to another box. I
understand that both CP and SAP are involved..Which might mean that if my zBC
12 is, say, 80% CPU busy, a given outbound trasmission will be slower
comparedto the same transmission which takes place when the zBC 12 is only 20%
CPU busy. .What my co-workers wants to know is whether an outbound ftp
transmission on a zBC 12 can be assigned to a processorwhich works a full
speed, or , viceversa, the performance of the transmission is affected by how
busy the CP and/or the SAP is/are..
Walter Marguccio
z/OS Systems Programmer
BELENUS LOB Informatic GmbH
Munich - Germany.P.S. Please, apologize if the formatting of my post makes the
reading confusing.