I would think the transmission speed would be dependent on the network and any
OSA cards.  So what type of link is between the two locations?  A T1 link, a
10GB link, etc.

Second, you probably need to do some tracing of where the time is being spent
for the transmission. Do you have any tools to do that?

If this is a batch process on the mainframe to the other box, what is the
priority for this task?  Are you using WLM and assigning it a high priority?

FTP usually is dependent on network and how fast it can read the data for
transfer.

Lizette