On Wed, 24 Feb 2016 14:02:27 -0600, Ed Gould wrote:

>On Feb 24, 2016, at 10:49 AM, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
>> --------------------
>> SNIP-----------------------------------------------------------
>> BYPASS(PRE), BYPASS(ID):  Never!  These will create an invalid
>> configuration,
>> one which the vendor is unlikely to have tested.

>Paul:
>I haven't supported the vendor in a few years but CA-1 people said to
>do this all the time (for their product).

About 6 years ago, when CA introduced Mainframe Software Manager (CA-MSM),
the GUI wrapper for SMP/E, they swore they weren't doing that any more.
(CA-MSM appears recently to have been renamed CA Chorus SM.)

I suspect CA's shenanigans were a motivation for IBM's tightening the rules on
SUPERSEDEs a few years prior to that.

-- gil