Those Christmas/Birthday cards that 'sing' when you open them contain,
individually, more computing power than was on the face of the planet in 1950.

-teD
  Original Message
From: zMan
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2016 21:00
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Reply To: IBM Mainframe Discussion List
Subject: Re: Introducing the New z13s: Tim's Hardware Highlights

Ed Gould wrote:
>Remember the *OLD* days there was a 16MB max on (even) an MP? Never mind
the cost of $10K per meg (if memory serves me on a 168).

Maybe at the end of the 370 era. Per http://www.jcmit.com/memoryprice.htm
it wasn't until 1979 or so that it got that cheap.

I remember $1/byte back in the 360 era. Amazing times. I've often noted
that my cellphone contains more memory than *existed on the planet* for
most of my career. Blows my ever lovin' mind!