On Tue, 8 Mar 2016 20:54:56 +0000, Jesse 1 Robinson wrote:

>I'm finally in a position to explore SMP/E split screen in z/OS 2.1. 'Forever'
>I've had an exec that allocates SMP/E libraries, does LIBDEFs, ALTLIB, etc.,
>then undoes all that on the way out. The same initialization exec won't work
>in split screen mode because of files that are already allocated and/or open
>in the original screen. I got around initialization with some changes, but I
>still get nastygrams if I try to exit the dialog in the same order. That is,
>close the first screen, then the second.
>
>I poked around the interweb but do not find any clear example of how to make
>this work. Am I missing something obvious?

About a decade ago, Mark Zelden and Paul Beesley shared with me:
    http://bama.ua.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0605&L=ibm-main&P=R54362

On z/OS 2.2 I just used it to start two SMP/E on different CSI.  A rudimentary
test succeeded.  It does no ALLOCATE nor LIBDEF nor ALTLIB.

I had wondered how SMP/E avoids DDNAME conflicts on SMPCSI.  A TSO LISTALC
shows that **.GLOBAL.CSI are allocated to two different generated DDNAMEs.

-- gil