Hi Scott,

Does your company have a tuition reimbursement plan?  If so, you might be able
to use that.  I have.

It was rare that my employer would cover costs for SHARE for me either.

It can also be possible, depending on your circumstances, to use unreimbursed
employee business expense deductions on your taxes.  Just be sure that you
check out all of the rules.

If your company can't be persuaded to join, there are other membership options.
Check out SHARE's website for all of the options.

Documenting the business case for other means of obtaining the timely topical
training that SHARE provides, can also be very helpful in getting the support
you need. Even if the best an employer will do is to pay your time while you
are at SHARE, that is a start.

Also, if your company has ever been burned by anyone who claimed that they were
going to SHARE, but didn't actually go to SHARE, you will need proof that you
actually attended. Be sure to keep your SHARE ID.  Selfies at registration, on
the vendor floor, at sessions, etc. can serve as a video diary of proof of
attendance.

Best of luck to you!

Linda

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 19, 2016, at 5:10 PM, Scott Ford <idfzos...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> God I want to talk management into a Share membership, etc.
> So I can attend sessions and of course meet everyone I have only emailed
> with..
>
> Scott
>
>> On Saturday, March 19, 2016, Linda <linda.lst...@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> Sweet!! Easy travel distance for me.
>>
>> You going?
>>
>> Linda
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone

>>> <javascript:;>> wrote:
>>>
>>> SHARE will be back in San Jose March 2017. In the hood.
>>>
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> J.O.Skip Robinson