Linda:

All good suggestions. I have also found that after attending that the employee should write and CC - everyone on the team - a review of the days attended (and sessions). highlighting any thing that might be of use that you learned.

Yes its a PITA but it shows that the sessions are well worth the $$ to attend. In the far distant past I myself paid the expenses to go to SHARE. Of course I had 4 weeks of vacation at the time and didn't miss the time off (I got paid for it). In the more recent past I paid for attendance when it was in Chicago. No travel and the employer paid for the days in attendance. Of course the bad experience I had at SCIDS sort of put me off at SHARE, but I made up for it with some friends that I met up with at SHARE. Also in the last say 35 years +- I got a lot with hanging out with IBM and not asking questions (other than what drink did you order). I was lucky as my former SE was at the WSC and he used to let me in on the gossip there nothing dirty just fun stuff, like the drunk naked boat water ski that occurred one summer. Also the IBM rep to our group was retiring and he would let us have insight (which he probably shouldn't have done as to as to why requirements were rejected) We just reworded them and resubmitted them. IBM did not like our group at all as we pounded them with requirements.

Of the two groups I still prefer GUIDE.

BTW SHARE was the only group that perfected the brush off, GUIDE, all were welcome. SHARE's web site it works a few times a year and I just quit using it. SHARE should fire who is ever maintaining the site.

Ed