What big and new (30 years old or less) companies use mainframe? Google?
Facebook? Netflix?

Maybe not directly, but they are certainly dependent on banks, insurance companies, the SEC, and others to accurately, quickly, securely, and with integrity and safety, maintain information about them... and I would guess that many (maybe all) of these institutions they are depending on are using a mainframe class system to do so.

Greg

Gee, Mr. Google, our records only show your account only has 2 gazzillion dollars, not the 3 you thought it had. Maybe it got during that solar flare crash last month. ;-)