From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of R.S.
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2016 4:34 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Fwd: Tech News 1964

W dniu 2016-04-07 o 21:37, Mike Schwab pisze:
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/04/07/ibm_s_360_50_anniversary/
>
> 96 of the biggest 100 banks in the world still run IBM mainframes.
"Stil" means defensive, marketshare loss.
"Largest" means only the largest institutions really need mainframe.
Questions: What about those remaining 4 biggest banks? What computers do they
use?
Since those 4 bank in first 100 can live without mainframe, what about banks
from third or fourth hundred?

Mainframe are usually used by big and OLD companies. "Old" is important here -
it's IT legacy, it's cost of migration, etc.
What big and new (30 years old or less) companies use mainframe? Google?
Facebook? Netflix?

> If there is job security in the world, that is it.
Not for me. Raincode.

attachments from your system.