From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Jesse 1 Robinson
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 4:34 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Setting up z/OSMF under 2.1

Update. I now have the z/OSMF server up and running with PARMLIB member
IZUPRMxx. Have not tried any plugins except ISPF, which works well so far. An
interesting wrinkle with ISPF. I you want to use it from z/OSMF at the same
time you're logged in via TSO, you have to include an option I did not even
know about:

ISPF/PDF SHRPROF

The default is EXCLPROF, which causes exclusive enqueue on the profile. The doc
says this can be made 'permanent' by specifying PROFILE_SHARING in the ISPF
Configuration Table. We've had multi-system ISPF support for years by
allocating a unique ISPPROF dataset on each sharing system. But in the case of
z/OSMF, you're logging on the same system as your TSO session, so you need
SHRPROF. For the record, I got an enqueue conflict on the ISPLOG dataset, but
that's more noise than trouble.

This is all pretty cool. As promised, the z/OSMF server with Liberty profile
initializes very quickly.

14.47.09 Start the server.
14.48.12 "CWWKF0011I: The server zosmfServer is ready to run a smarter planet."

.
.
.
J.O.Skip Robinson