From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Mark Zelden
Sent: 11 May, 2016 19:09
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Dynamic CPU ADD to a z/OS lpar

On Tue, 10 May 2016 16:56:32 -0400, Richards, Robert B.
<robert.richa...@opm.gov> wrote:

>I am in the middle of a CBU test and was wondering if it is possible on z/OS
>yet to dynamically add (config or otherwise) a CP or two to an lpar *without*
>that partition already having any specified as reserved in their activation
>profile. A friend said yes, but I was unable locate how using the HMC.
>
>Bob

I didn't see a response to this.   It would be "Logical Processor Add " under
Operational
Customization for the LPAR, but you need (digging back in memory now) z10 and
z/OS 1.10.    I assume you meet the requirements by now.  :-)

Best regards,

Mark
ITIL v3 Foundation Certified
mailto:m...@mzelden.com